Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: My opinion


Although I haven't played every Castlevania game I have been a small fan of this game series. It was the mythical creatures, and the game art that kept me interested, and it has gotten  better with every series made. I remember playing the first castlevania game:

I love how classic the whip is

 Ah my first 2-D side-scrolling game. I don't think I ever beat that game. The main character in this castlevania series don't even look like he's going to fight a Dracula, he looks like a barbarian hunter. Now I wish I could find this game so I can re-live the memories of a highly pixelated  game.

This guy looks like he's going to fight a Dracula:


This is what I like to see. This is what actually made me become a fan and continue to play this series.. maybe even go back and play a marathon of castlevania games.

Now look how far Castlevania has gotten:


At first I was excited but when I saw the game trailer again I couldn't help find that to me ( this is just my thought) it kind of steered away from the previous castlevania-esqe theme. It looked more like a God of War game from the fighting, and the way the character moves through-out the game. The only reason I would play this game is because of the story it seemed interesting "Lords" has an "s" in it and the two masks just makes it mysterious.

Here is the main character in Lords of Shadow:



He looks like a buffer version of the guy in the first Castlevania. Maybe his attire has a slight Castlevania-esqe look but I still feel like the look is dying away. Maybe the creator (Kojima) wanted a change and that's cool... your money, your game, but I still like the old feel.


1 comment:

  1. I am very interested to see how this new game pans out.

    ReplyDelete