Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition: Review



First of all I would like to say that is was a fun Resident Evil to play, because my heart was in tact the whole time. I have heard in forums where people say that Resident Evil needs to go back to its roots (I guess the zombies, and the darkness) which I can understand that is what made "Resident Evil" and that is what people want but I catching heart attacks all the time am glad to have some relief.

Let's get into some pros:

1. The graphics were excellent.
2. If you like stories and the history of games I can say this is a good one. Playing "Lost in Nightmares" taught me that this whole virus thing started because some old guy was trying to prevent his aging, and with all this history of viruses it just made me want to play the other Resident Evil games (the ones I haven't played besides the first second and fourth resident evil games).
3. I liked that the Gold Edition was well worth 60 dollars with all the extra content and online play. I got so hooked on playing the mercenaries reunion that I decided not to sell the game back now. I loved playing with Excella she is such a diva, lol.

Check out this diva kick
And who didn't like playing as Chris Redfield with the gatling gun.... uh huh don't act like you didn't use him to get the extra levels open, I know I did.



Now let's get to those cons, and alot has to do with the AI:

1. I really REALLY hate "sticking" when I'm shooting, or knifing. C'mon now, realistically, would you see someone stay in one spot when when they are trying to cut somebody it just doesn't make sense. It would be nice if we are able to move when we are shooting or cutting somebody.
2. I can't stand the limited carrying space. No, I'm not trying to carry everything but when you find so much in the level its hard to figure out what you want to throw away. But I guess I can't complain, it could have been like Resident Evil 4 and have the weapons taking up 4 slots.
3. I hate when I go to open the menu and it doesn't pause the game. I know I have to think fast but sometimes you need that extra time to exchange stuff with your partner because they pick up stuff they shouldn't be having in the first place.
4. Here we go, the AI........SUCKS for a single player game. It pisses me off when my partner is wasting ammo. I'm up here trying to use the machine gun thing the enemy was using and they don't give her the sense to move aside and shoot, instead, she is shooting me and have the nerve to say "I'm out of ammo".......................................... YEA I BET YOU ARE. LET ME PICK THE BULLETS OUT MY BODY!!!!!!


In other words if we are gonna play with an AI, make them with some sense, but it is fun when you have someone else controlling the second player depending on who your partner is. Mine was greedy and always like to be the leader but don't know how to communicate..... (I love you hunny).


The enemies were something else. I couldn't stand this one:

don't let them get a hold of you or that's it. I could say I hated the lickers and Gatling gun majini but if you have the right weapons they aren't so bad.......... maybe.

Overall I give this game a 4 out of 5. I would definitely play it again and this time beat it on veteran. Oh and another thing, some of those costumes were wack emphasis on the warrior costume for chris redfield.

YYYYY. M.C.A!

3 comments:

  1. I really like playing this with a partner, single player made me want to rip my hair out. At times it was just has good to give the controller to a 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I'm just in awe with playing Mass Effect 2 that I really can't stop playing. Will be making a new post soon. For some reason my prntSCr button isn't working so I have to find another way to get screenshots of my game. Glad you dropped by:)

    ReplyDelete