Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Greatest Game villain

I was checking out Gamespots choices for "All time greatest game villain" and I was thinking wow, some of these villains I don't even know, and they really go way back into the 90's games. I don't have a long list of greatest villains as I do greatest heroes. Everyone's  definition of a "great" villain may be different,  but to me a great villain is someone who left an impression that I will never forget, someone who says they are going to rule the world, destroy me, and make me believe it. Sure every villain says it but most are not believable, I gotta BELIEVE!! You know a villain is bad when they come with their own theme song like one of my favorites and probably everybody elses; Sephiroth


Who did not fall in love with this one-winged angel. To be one of the Elite members of Soldier he had to be the baddest. Just his look says he's bad: the trench coat, long silver/white hair and the masamune plus a theme
song that says his name. I didn't really consider Sephiroth a bad guy, well wanting to wipe out the human race yes that makes him bad but he wanted to do it for a good reason.... right? Since I'm still playing Crisis Core I also got to add his buddies as being one of  the baddest game villains; Genesis, and Angeal:




It's cool when a villain makes you want to read a  poem called "LOVELESS" by the way he cites it. Not only that but he did seem he could be just as strong as Sephiroth. Now Angeal on the other hand I know he wasn't "bad" bad but I think he was just as powerful as Sephiroth and Genesis.I just wish Angeal didn't have to turn into some freakish looking monster. Why did he have to go out like that?


I don't know if anyone remembers this one but before you see the image.... don't judge a book by its cover. He may seem like he's weak but he packs a punch, and he rides a silver dragon; Kuja (FF IX):


or maybe you will accept him in his trance form:


ok... well it may not have made it better but just Kuja's theme song, and the silver dragon was enough to win me over. He was the one that did most of the work "villaining" ( I know , it's not a word) in the game. I mean the last boss of this game Necron  just showed up at the very end of the game... ummmm who are you, because your name wasn't even mentioned throughout this whole game. It was Kuja who made the game.

My last favorite villain , and it should be yours after you saw that fight scene between him and Raiden..... YES VAMP:


I have never seen.... a vampire..... so bad...... so swift..... so..... smooth. He didn't really show enough in Metal Gear Solid 2, but in Metal Gear Solid 4 he has shown all that he was capable of. If you haven't played MGS4: guns of the patriots yet, I promise it will be a game worth playing.  Gamespot did mention Revolver Ocelot in the running of one of the greatest villains but he is no comparison to Vamp.

1 comment: