Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood : The Review



The first thing I want to mention on this game and rest of the Assassin's Creed line is the beauty of Renaissance Italy. As I play this game walking in the streets of Rome I feel like I am present admiring the Roman architecture, and people conversing in the streets. One of my favorite things to do in this game is synchronizing the different areas of Rome to admire the whole surrounding from a higher point. It's so beautiful. I also am so in love with the Italian language, it just sounds so sexy with a deep voice. All this makes me want to drop everything and visit Italy but I probably won't get the same feeling as from the Renaissance time.

There were a few new additions to the game which made the game even better. First of course the "brotherhood" meaning recruiting a brotherhood of assassin's to fight with you... or in some instances for you. I can not tell you how cool it is to snap my fingers and every Templar before me is dead (but that is only when the bar is full). You start off saving these innocent people and then with your encouraging words help them to find courage to fight for what is right, and with time they can become the rank of an assassin (doesn't mean they top Ezio though).

Another new addition to the game is the Romulus Lairs which inhabited by some men dressed in fur.... and they are not friendly.



Some of the lairs are more difficult than others but there is a great reward at the end once you collect all the romulus keys, the armor of brutus. Although it looks all fancy and is the most powerful armor in the game I think it's a little too heavy to be climbing, and jumping across buildings... just sayin'.

In addition to renovating the city, you can also renovate guilds  (thieves, mercenaries, courtesan's) in old buildings throughout the city so you can have a good escape plan if you happen to be around the corner. You can also level up the guilds and receive special items upon completion.

Another big part of the game is the MULTIPLAYER. At first I was frustrated with it because it took years to find a match, but once it got rolling I was able to get the hang of it and surprisingly calling it one of the multiplayers that I am actually good at. This is also the first multiplayer that I came in first place TWICE. If you need a break from shooting this is a change. How fun is it to try to assassinate the target given to you while staying "incogneto" and as you level up you can gain perks (also like call of duty). Somtimes you will get frustrated because there are many other duplicates of your target but you have to watch carefully for "different" movements.

Of course the game not only focuses on Ezio but on Desmond, and they finally caught up to that apple of Eden, and let me tell you what an ending to see... it leaves you with so many questions, but when you try to find the answers online it is surprising to see how many different answers there are.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is the only game I have spent over 100 dollars (Collectors Edition) its comes with all this:

This is the box it came in... neat huh...
 a bonus content disc...
 a  map of Rome and on the opposite side are autographs from the developers...



A jack in the box SWEET...


and of course some concept art.













 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED this! The horses were my favourite and I kept stealing the ones with the best armour and tack. I was talking with an Italian accent for weeks (and I changed the language settings without my partner noticing). I really liked the Brutus armour too. And the Harlequin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the first one( I know they get better) I just never had the urge to go and play the newer ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Arlecchino The horses were beautiful.. I always tried to steal a borgia horse because they looked so fancy. I always liked saying "Requiescat in pace" and this may sound weird but I like how they curse in Italian... The Harlequin was the only character I would play, so I would have to rush to select her b4 anyone else would, lol.

    @ blake your not into playing the whole franchise of one title huh, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be that way....like deadspace 2. I had my fill of the first one, don't feel the need to play the second one. I'm sure they are all great games, I'm just happy with what I experienced in the first.

    ReplyDelete