Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My biggest pet peeve about buying games

I'm not trying to act like I'm too good for certain things but I am very picky when it comes to buying games.

Now there were a few times I purchased a "new" game at gamestop and the case was already open. One time I have gotten an open case with a sticker closing the side. I never bothered asking why they did that , but as soon as i got outside the store I checked the disk for scratches and jelly stains... the disk seemed new so I didn't make a big deal. Now there was was a time my hubby bought me a game and the case looked like this:




Before he even let me say anything (because he know was I was about to ask) he told me it was a new game and that they didn't have any cases for it.. hmmm so I'm thinking don't all "new" games come in "new" cases because they are "new" and "new" things are never opened. You don't see Walmart selling anything like this, and from the story my hubby told me it sounded like the employee was lazy and had an attitude. If I were in the store I would have said "look dude, you might be having a rough day but I enjoy ripping plastic off my games, and I do enjoy the cover art work. I'm even so picky about letting people borrow our games because I want them back the way that I bought them, and believe me I take really good care of my games.

The same thing almost happened again when my hubby went to buy Little Big Planet 2, but this time my hubby told them he wanted a copy with plastic on it, and it seemed like other customers were getting the same problem as well.

I don't want to buy my games anywhere else, and especially since now they have the powerup card so now my purchases count towards something. Just please Game-stop give me a new game with plastic on it.







3 comments:

  1. I remember when a game store had taken the cover art out of a case and simply slid the booklet into the plastic to make up for it. They couldn't tell me why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's crazy. I bet they are doing something on the sly.... next time that happens to me I'm gonna file a complaint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thing with a Wii game(perhaps its a guy thing that we don't see these things) cause when I got it home. The first thing my wife asked me was,"Why isn't it wrapped in plastic?" I honestly didn't notice, (shame on me).

    But gamestop/EB are not looking out for the consumer. When it comes to those stores, we have to look out for ourselves. Its the gullible and uninformed buyers that they make their money on.

    ReplyDelete