Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mass Effect 2: My beginning


I started playing Mass Effect 2 last week and can I say I am so hooked that I haven't seen sunlight in days until yesterday. This action RPG is everything I love in a game. It has tons of missions, the ability to create the personality of your character, on top of creating your character (I just wish they had more character building options, like hair, clothes, etc). The main character of the game is named Shepard but Shepard can be male or female so you are able to give him/her a first name. Mya Shepard is my character

an infiltrator that specializes in Sniper Rifles, Sub-Machine guns, Heavy Pistols, and Heavy Weapons. There is the Soldier specialization class that specializes in almost every weapon  but since I always seem to choose that option for games I wanted to be different, besides I love using the sniper and giving enemies a shot to the head. You can choose whether your character is nice (paragon) or ruthless (renegade) you have the choice to make options during conversation when the option pops up, either one you choose you get points to get additional conversation option later. For example a reporter wanted to interview me but since she made me look bad last time I chose a renegade option and punched her in her face (no sissy hit either). I'm nice when I feel its the need but don't cross me. I will be quick to kill you.


Characters also have different powers they can use ( upgrade, and eventually evolve to a much stronger version)  while in battle. For my character she used disrupter ammo which does extra damage with shields and barriers, cryto ammo which freezes your enemies and when shot they break to pieces, a flame power (forgot the name already) which is my favorite it burns through the shields and barriers of enemies and when evolved it can hit multiiple targets or burn through anything it touches, AI hacking that lets you take control of an enemy mech and turn it against its allies, and my last power makes me invisible to enemies for  a certain period of time and increases my power.


The other cool thing I love is the different alien species there are so many, and they act too human. Tell me would you be interested in an alien stripper?

The Asari


Me and my  team about to break someone off
The graphics of this game is just out of this world. I think this is the best I ever seen graphics.



Along with everything else you recruit different people and can pick who you want to go on a mission with (unless its a loyalty mission). There is more to the game but I will save that for another post. This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment