Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Dragon Age Origins: It's a little better but I'm still pulling out my hair.


Things have gotten a little better with this game. Since my hubby played this on the ps3 he told me what I was doing wrong, here it is: The game pauses (if you click that option for it to do so) when you have entered battle and from there you choose how you want to play this battlefield. I didn't know I could click on other characters and choose their actions and most importantly who to attack because once a battle began everybody just attacks whomever and everybody dies off quickly. So once he told me that I was like "heeeey now i might enjoy this game....... halfway enjoyable.


There are still a few things that stress me out:

1. The lack of potions or poultices that a merchant sells- its so hard to contain a good amount of poultices because my character use them up so fast even though I set their tactics to (health < 25% use poultice). We are able to make our own poultices but you only find so much supplies when exploring, and it doesn't help that a merchant only sells 3 or 4 poultices and an infinite of everything else you don't need much of. I guess they expect you to make your own stuff, but to make better quality items you have to highly skilled in that area.

2. When in battle my characters "miss" so dang much it doesn't make sense- I understand you have to level up that certain attribute to improve that area but I hate it when I have 4 people fighting one enemy and they are down to a drop of life and they all miss like 7 times in a row, WTF SOMEBODY KILL IT ALREADY!

3. I hate that there is a recharge time on magic- so once you find a mage with a healing spell your like YEEEESSSS! but once you cast that spell there is a certain amount of time before it recharges so when someone else is dying your like hurry up, hurry up, hurry up I don't want to waste my poutice and BOOM your character is dead, son of a..........

4. I hate that you only get one point to level up a skill when there are so many- if your not highly skilled enough to pick a lock your out of luck, you can't get high quality items if your not skilled enough, you can't disarm traps or make any traps if your not skilled enough (geez what can I put this one point to )


Now I'm in this dream world where I'm by myself fighting off abominations and such, somehow I must save the others. I have a decent amount of poultices and I'm trying my best the make the most of my rogue abilities.

I like this game but it still stresses me out. I'm upgrading everything as I go and I'm trying to use the items I have to my ability. I stick with my "everybody attack the same person" strategy so enemies can go down faster, and I'm still pulling out my hair over battles. I have to take a days break playing this game or I might end up throwing my laptop across the street. Hopefully it gets better.

1 comment: