Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Dragon Age Origins: ???????


I love RPG's to death and I love Fantasy but I just can't seem to get into this game. I'm only at the beginning of this game and I am dying like mad....... I don't die early  in RPG's...... I don't think anyone else dies early in RPG's either.


You only have 3 classes to choose from (warrior, mage, or thief). I chose thief because I wanted to do something different, being the one in the background shooting arrows and crippling people with my shots. NOT!!! Half my arrows miss while everyone comes and attacks me, and the only healing available is my starter 4 potions. My other characters die super fast and it always leaves me, and if I happen to make it, my other characters come back to life instantly but they have conditions now (bleeding, head trauma, or whatever). I can't stand up close and fight because I have a bow and arrow.... WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO!? I have been giving this game chance after chance after chance for a week now and I am about ready to give up. It just sucks that I bought it for PC.

I did try to start over and I made a mage this time so I can have some healing magic....... that didn't even work. I had to go through some mage trial by myself and some lighting thing was attacking me. It was all good until it started running and found another buddy help with the ambush.... BASTARD!

The other thing I can't stand about this game is the excess blood on my characters:

look at the blood on that dog for killing some rats.... c'mon now.



I know its part of the game and you do have an option to turn it off (which I did) but is this really necessary? The blood only goes away after you change armor or start another fight.

Everything else about the game seems cool and it seems like I would like this game but I'm really starting to regret buying this game. I'll give it a couple more tries.

5 comments:

  1. That's super bad to hear. The only reason I didn't get this game is because when it came out I had just finished Fallout 3 and had my fill of RPG for sometime.

    I wonder if its like some RPG's that give you different classes, where they sometimes list certain classes has "Recommend for experience players only"

    Which I hate, if you are going to give me a list of characters to choose from, but some of them they don't recommend playing because of difficulty, then it kind of limits the players experience.

    I look forward to hearing how it all turns out. My friend at work raves about the game. BUT, he is a big RPG and WOW guy, so I have to take what he says with a grain of salt. Such as a sports gamer of course will rave about a sports game over a RPG, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this RPG you can be 3 different races (human, elf, and dwarf). Then there are 3 classes (warrior, mage, and rogue) but within those classes are specializations, for example, my rogue can be an assassin, bard, duelist, and a ranger, so you don't get much to choose from, but what they do is if your a first time RPGer then they will level up your character for you or you can hit advanced options and pick where you skill points go and stuff. As far as difficulty they have easy, normal , hard and nightmare. I'm playing on normal but good thing is my hubby showed me what I was doing wrong (he played this game on ps3) and now i got the hang of it but i'm still stressing.

    If you ever decide to get this game, make sure you have a back-up game to play although you might figure it out better than I can.

    p.s. I love fallout as well are you looking forward to fallout new vegas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got Fallout 3, I got the game of the year edition. So it has all 5 DLC packs which all together add anywhere between 20-30 hrs of gameplay.

    Plus the way I play RPG, I have to do any and all quest that I come across and explore every nook and cranny makes it slow going. Which is my play style and I like that kinda thing.

    So I have to say overall, I have had my fill of Fallout for awhile and if I do decide to go back to a RPG it will probable be something different.

    Although I have just started playing Pokemon Diamond on the Nintendo DS which so far is pretty fun. but again, my play style has me trying to level up all my pokemon which makes for slow story progression. But I am enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool another pokemon player, I was hoping I wasn't the only grown person playing pokemon. I currently have pokemon platinum which I was on a role but now its collecting dust. I'm glad your enjoying yourself. If we didn't have games what else what we be doing.....hmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete