Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dragon Age: Revisited






It's true after all the ranting and trash talking I did with Dragon Age I have decided to give Dragon Age for the pc another shot because I will not let this game defeat me... I WILL defeat IT.

The first time I started playing Dragon Age I started off as a rogue. Now usually when I play games that require you to choose a class I almost most of the time choose a warrior because I feel like its easier. At that time I chose a rogue and I thought it would be cool but there were some things I couldn't figure out like "backstabbing" and when to steal. Most of the time when I was using my duel weapons I would miss alot and I just wanted to pull my hair out...

Well this time I started over with a warrior and I feel really confident swinging around my two-handed sword. My favorite moves to do in battle is to knock them down and then use "mighty blow" to knock half their hp off (haha). But I can't give all the credit to myself I always keep Alstair at my side, a second warrior with his sword and shield (plus I don't want to be the only person getting beat on) and I keep one rogue (Leliana) and of course one mage (Wynne) and I have the perfect team.


So far so good I pretty much made it back to where I left off the first time and a little farther. If I happen to make it to the end with this game I will happily buy the "Awakening" expansions and maybe , maybe, maybe try Dragon Age 2. I played the Demo some time ago, and I wasn't too crazy about it... first it was because it took the whole day to download the demo and second..... it just didn't seem too exciting but I would give a go because I would like the see what happens in that series of Dragon Age.

4 comments:

  1. Rowan from pacroid just started this game. He tried MAss effect but hes not a shooter person. Myself?..I can only play one ..MAaaaaaybe 2 a year. So I am still waiting for the RPG bug to hit me. When it does, Dragon age is the one I think I would go with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of buying Dragon Age: 2 when it comes out, looks fairly decent and my friends recommend it.

    I like the blog and the style it shows, it's very fun and amusing to read *follows* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Blake I can honestly say Dragon Age is a great game. I always liked games that had different classes (but I always seem to pick warrior all the time, lol.) Then on top of that class you can choose from 4 different specializations. It's lots of exploring, lots of different weapons and armor, and of course you get the pleasure of pleasing or pissing off your team mates. That's the only thing that gets to me when you make a decision there is always that one person that disagrees.

    @ oliver.M thanks I appreciate the compliment :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This game was my addiction for the longest time. I could easily get caught up in it again, but I have other games I want to beat first. Have you read The Stolen Throne? It makes me a Loghain fangirl of all things...

    ReplyDelete