Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I subscribed to Gamefly


After months of hearing about it I finally subscribed to Gamefly. One main reason I subscribed to Gamefly was to try out games I was "iffy" about playing. I could of bought it and traded it in but sometimes you can't even get the half the value you paid for when you first bought it, and those go for the games that are medium to least popular compared to the games you get 30 dollars for… but those are the games  you want to keep.

One thing about subscription services is they always have options that make you buy the best value. When I first clicked on the Gamefly page  it had "start for only 7.95 or try for free". I was like ok that isn't bad so I clicked in and saw the options….. OH 7.95  for the first month, (they always have a way to draw people in) and 15.95 every month after that for 1 game out at a time. Then another option was 10 days free trial and then 22.95 every month for two games out at a time. And then the final option (well it was the first option) was 11.95 for the first month and 22.95 every month after. Right off I knew the free trial wasn't the best deal because it will take like 2-4 days for your game to get here so that is at least four days taken from  your trial and you don't even have the game, then you get charged 22.95 on the 11th day…. I don't think so gamefly.

So I have the best value, 2 games out at a time , I get to keep them as long as I want, if I want to purchase them I can click the option and they "say" they will give you the case and booklet with  it, and you also have the option to trade in game for membership fees. The only thing about this is availability of the game. If it is low there is a chance you won't get it for a while so they send you the next actual "available" game on your GameQ. It sounds exciting but I guess I will see how I really feel within a month.



5 comments:

  1. I don't think gamefly is available for me as I live in butt no where Canada. Also, I had to stop renting games cause my play schedule, I never knew when I was going to be able to devote some time to a particular game.

    So I have rented a game for a week, (which could have easily been beaten in 3-4 days) but I just never had the time to play it. So i end up bringing it back with maybe a day and half with it.

    But there are a bunch of games I like to try aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to rent games, but then i realised i could just download some of the demos for the games. I usually just buy games i like anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ blake same here, some days I have more playtime than others because I go to school also. There are some days I can't play at all, but on the days that I can I try to get the most of my playtime (if I'm not fighting my hubby for the controller).

    As for gamefly I would trade you gamefly for free health insurance... I heard canada gets free medical care :)

    @ oliver I'm just using gamefly as a trial and error. there are some games I would play and beat but not buy. But I do have games I would buy automatically no doubt and I would not rent them like Mass Effect 3 (CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT).

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I suppose free medical care is a little more important than anything game related. Take it for granted sometimes in regards to where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ blake I hope I didnt make you feel guilty, I was just making a little side joke saying i'll give you this for that ;)

    ReplyDelete