Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blur: One cool racing game

This is our first racing game in years. My hubby downloaded the demo and was totally hooked on it. I didn't know how far a multiplayer demo can go but he made it seem like he didn't need to buy the game... So I went and bought the game for him anyways because I'm 100 percent sure there is more in full game than the demo.

The employee at gamestop told me he thought ModNation racers was better because you get to build your own tracks and characters. I took it upon myself to see the differnce.



First of all if I were to walk into a game store for the first time and saw both of the covers I would have automatically chosen blur because I would have thought ModNation racers was more kiddy-looking but its not as bad as I thought. I played the demo and I thought it was kind of "cute" but that's it.... meaning I wasn't in awe with it. Now blur was a different story. As my husband described it looks like a cross between Mario Kart and Midnight club. I can't find the exact words but Blur has this cool look to it, and I love how laid-back the music is. It's just enough to make me wanna take a midnight stroll. I also like that you get to use real cars with real attributes, and have the ability to use special attacks on other racers. Now don't get me wrong I don't think ModNation racers is a bad game its just that I'm not interested in building racing tracks and Littlebig planet already has won me over with famous game characters .


Here's a little comparison:

Blur Player
ModNation Player

Blur action
ModNation Racer action


3 comments:

  1. I"m not a fan of racing games, I never understood the enjoyment of going around and around and around and around.

    But throw in some missiles and machines guns with tire spikes and I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool games I like blur I want to download it '

    ReplyDelete
  3. blur is a cool game I dont have the game becasues I am poor

    ReplyDelete